What is your athletic background?
1. I took a few weight lifting classes, did zumba, step, turbo kick. In high school was a cheerleader, on a drill team, and ran track as a sprinter.
What do you do for a living?
2. Wife, mother, and work part time as a medicine courier for a company based out of the East coast.
How long have you been CrossFitting?
3. Been doing crossfit for about 8 months now.
Have you trained before? If so, what are the differences you like about CrossFit than your past training?
4. I used to go to club fitness and workout do body pump and hang on the elliptical for about 2-3 hours watching TV. But after 6 months of that it got pretty boring. I wouldn’t even sweat anymore. But crossfit wooo. It completely different everyday is different. I pushed past my comfort zone. Everyday I’m sweating in new place. Everyday i work out i feel closer to death. But it always feels good once I’m done and can breathe again. And after 8 months I’m stronger than ever.
5. Thrusters it works your whole body.
6. Don’t really have a favorite like them all expect when they have burpees and running. But not going to lie i wish for them cause its like facing my fears. But i still hate them.
Favorite CrossFit moment:
7. Uhm honestly when we did our competition. Having all that support even from people on other teams. We were the last to finish our second WOD but everyone gather around us and cheered for is letting us know we can do it.
What is one of your main goals for CrossFit?
8. My goal is to gain endurance. To learn to push myself even when my mind says no. Coach Zach says its all a mental game so one I figure out how to win ill be a boss.
What do you do outside of the box that is going to help your performance inside the box?
9. Working on my eating. How you eat shows in your performance.
What do you enjoy on your leisure time?
10. Eating Chinese food and watching TV.
What advice would you give a new CrossFitter?
11. Uhm be prepared to be addicted and there is no rehab but to come back the next day and go harder. Your body will hurt in strange places but keep coming back that’s how you get stronger. Never give up. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT compare yourself to others. This journey is about you. Not about the person next to you.
Any final thoughts on CrossFit?
12. I LOVE LOVE LOVE crossfit. This is my second family from home. The coaches are all amazing. The athletes are awesome. And for some crazy reason we all fit together like a puzzle even though were all different. Xoxoxoxo